Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday...new day...new (old) trainer

Hello Dear Reader,

This morning, Beef-Wellington decided that he was going to compete with the alarm clock to wake me up. Clearly, he didn't get the memo about a 5 am wake up, and instead went for 4:15 am. I'll have to talk to him about that!

Per the (what has become) usual, I was on the treadmill this morning at 5:30 am and ran for 30 minutes. It's funny that, when I began this whole running business, I couldn't imagine running for more than 10 minutes straight. Now, 30 minutes is starting to seem like a walk in the park. I'm not physically tired. No parts of my body are burning. My knees are no longer an issue (knock on wood). When I complete my 1.5 hr workout, I don't experience much stiffness or muscle tenderness. Love it!

Remember when I told you that mad-dog trainer and I would be working together every other week, and that I approached my old trainer about working with me on the off weeks for about 30 minutes or so? Well, today, we started strength training, and he mentioned that I'm much stronger than I was when I first came to him way back when. He even noticed that my stomach is flat, my arms are starting to look more defined and my legs are looking good! Can we say...body like a "brick house" here I come?! Come October 16th, I'll be more than ready for my 10k...and hopefully ready for a half marathon on November 20th!

Today's training session was focused on shoulders, chest, arms and abs. I love ab workouts... definitely a favorite thus far!

After work, I think that a nice workout with mad-dog trainer (and 30 other people) in her step-aerobics class will be on the agenda. It might be nice to vary my workout a bit (by adding evening fitness classes every once in a while), but being careful not to drain all of my energy.

Well, that's all for now! Keep me posted on your workout routine and the things that keep you motivated/focused on your goals!

Until next time...keep it movin'!!!

Yours in training,

Dani

P.S. (Waves hand at and sends virtual hugs and lots of laughs to Jami, M'e Adrienne, Jeb & my FTTE!)

P.S.S Since I was discussing my running time in the last post, here is a cute article in the NY Times entitled, "Slow-Running His Way to Fitness". Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails