Wednesday, November 9, 2011

How often should you run a half marathon?

Dear Reader,

Just now I was looking on Facebook and an article asking "How frequently should you run a half marathon?" was posted by the good folks over at the Publix Georgia Marathon. Here are a few highlights from the article:

  1. A new runner probably isn't prepared to run a half as frequently as a more seasoned runner.
  2. If you're generally in good shape, you can probably run more frequently.
  3. Listen to your body.
  4. Consider the difficulty of the course and the weather.
  5. People who are in generally good condition usually run 4 races a year.
  6. Run at least 1 half between 4 to 6 weeks prior to your marathon.
On November 20th, I will celebrate my year anniversary of "competitive running" (i.e. 1 year since I ran my first race). Here's where the bragging rights come in...

In one year of race-running, I've completed:

2 10 kms

1 11 km

9 half marathons...and come hell or high waters, I'll be running the Liquifruit Irene Half this weekend...bringing my annual 'half' total to 10!

1 32 km

1 Marathon...

...so I'd say that I'm not your average runner!

Boom!

Thanks for letting me have a 'moment'!

One foot in front of the other...keep it movin'!

Yours is (get on the good foot) training,

Dani

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails