Friday, October 15, 2010

Slacker

Hello Dear Reader,

I've been a slacker all week. Unfortudamente, my ankle is still reliving Saturday/Sunday in all of its glory. Walking too fast causes a slight throbbing which builds up to a beating pulse. Last weekend was worth a few days of rest, but all week? Not so much. I want to run! I want to feel the wind against my face, the sun on my neck, and hear the sound of pavement pounding. I want to hear twenty other treadmills humming, twenty other people running next to me/across from me, and the annoying sound of monotone techno blasting non-stop. My jazzy pink iPod nano didn't come all of this way just to sit in my gym bag! Really now ankle? Really?

This week, I've only been to the gym twice (ok, so I took advantage of the ankle issue and slept in on the other days...don't judge)! Over the past couple of months, working out and focusing on running has become my life. I love the change! I love the way a good workout makes me feel! I always feel a sense of accomplishment after a long run...a sweat-soaked shirt as my trophy.

In a day or so, I will have reached my wits end. Ankle...I'm talking to you...don't make me pull out an anti-inflamatory...I'm not afraid to use it. Let's just call a truce...let's leave last weekend in the past and live in the present! I won't hold a grudge if you don't...

Bleh! Well, that's all I've got for today. You now know why the posts have been a bit slim this week. Hopefully, by Sunday I'll have some productive news to share. So until then...one footloose ankle in front of the other...keep it movin' (or hobbling in my case)!

Yours in (?) training,

Dani

And just because he's so damn cute, here's a fatroll treat for the eyes! Enjoy!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Focus on the long-term.... a week off marathon training won't kill your chances, whereas overworking your ankle and losing MORE time because you further damage it WILL.

I'm still trying to figure out how you partied for over 12 hours. Were they serving Red Bull or something?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails