Monday, October 18, 2010

In Serious Need of Runivation!

Hello Dear Reader,

I'm in need of an intervention...and a little runivation (motivation to run)! This ankle business is slowly chipping away at my motivation to go to the gym/workout. Last week, I went to the gym twice (strength training) and took Couch Potato #2 on two 2 hour long walks...but that's not running. I didn't even manage to break a sweat! I feel terrible about it. On my walks, if I try to pick up the pace, my ankle reminds me that I'm not in charge. All of last week (with no real working out done) has left me feeling...bleh!

Even waking up at the usual 5:00 am is difficult. My alarm clock (aka cell phone) must have given up too. For the past week my alarm has not gone off once even though I have not made any setting changes (time for a new alarm clock?). Has my alarm gone on strike along with my ankle...taking my motivation to go to the gym (without being able to run) along for the ride? Waking up that early is not natural for me...so I need some assistance. Without an alarm, I've woken up too late to hit the gym at my regular time. Working out in the evenings, after putting in extra long hours at the job, is a no-go. So you see, I need my ankle, alarm clock, and motivation to strike a deal with me. We all need to reunite...join forces for my marathon training's sake. (Ok, I admit that this one is a lame excuse...and can (and will) be easily resolved. A new alarm clock will be purchased today!)

The ankle pain (more like discomfort) isn't bad enough to be seen by a doctor...and I already know the advice I'll get...rest. So, I've rested. No running since last Saturday and I've missed two long runs. If I go another week without having run, will I be able to catch up with my training schedule? Ugg!

This post has turned into a rant...a disorganized whining session...an itty bitty pity party ...so I'll stop here.

So Dear Reader, if you're out there, I need you to throw a bit of runivation my way. Any words of wisdom you have to share would be much appreciated!

So...until next time...keep it movin' (I clearly need to be saying this to myself right now!).

Yours in (no/not much) training,

Dani


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Acrostic:
Don't give in!
All you need is YOU!
Never forget how
Incredible
Remarkable
Unstoppable you are!
Now GO
!

Anonymous said...

and now quote:
“The only lifelong, reliable motivations are those that come from within, and one of the strongest of those is the joy and pride that grow from knowing that you've just done something as well as you can do it.”
 Lloyd Dobens

Anonymous said...

And my favorite of all:

Right now you're in The Waiting Place...

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.

BUT.....

NO!
That's not for you!

Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing.

With banner flip-flapping,
once more you'll ride high!
Ready for anything under the sky.
Ready because you're that kind of a girl!
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

Anonymous said...

Also, a comment.... Your stated goal is simply to cross the finish line.
If you give up on your training, you won't cross the finish line.
And if you're a week or two behind your training, all that happens is you don't cross the finish line as quickly. But you DO cross it.
It's the same logic people use when they say "I just screwed my diet so I might as well eat myself sick the rest of the day." No.... you just pick up right there where you left off and keep kicking ass.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails