Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Gym Time

Hello Dear Reader,

It's about that time in the cycle of my fitness life that I sign back up for the gym! Yep, the dreaded gym. As the days seem to get shorter, I keep thinking about how I'm going to maintain my whole running and fitness plan. With almost 4 years of life in Lesotho, the reality says that the gym is the truth, the way, and the light (with sunshine only coming up past 6:30 am and darkness before I leave the office at around 5:30 pm).

Yesterday was my first day back and...would you believe it...I actually felt great! Twenty minutes was spent on the beloved stair master (with Drake's song "Fancy" playing on repeat), and the rest of my time was spent alternating between working out and goofing off with a friend. My dear on and off again New (Old) Trainer was happy to see me back. As per the norm, he commented on how in shape I looked (looks are deceiving) and told me I could stand to gain a few kg. He stood next to me and said..."Hey, come on...how tall are you? You're about my height, right? How much do you weigh now? Oh, 56.4 kg? (124.3 lbs) You need to be at least 69 to 70 kg." Hahaha...ummm...I'm sure that he's forgotten by now, but that was about almost about 2-3 kg more than where I was when I started. Not.A.Chance! Another guy I haven't seen in over a year approached me while I was working on the pull down weight machine (don't you just love my technical term) and said, "Hey! I haven't seen you in a while! I almost didn't recognize you. You've lost a lost of weight! You used to be...(and this is where he puffed up his cheeks and extended his arms to the side to indicate what could only be the size and shape of the Pillsbury Dough Boy). " Thanks for that, guy! Ahh...to be back in the gym again!

Dear Reader, I've always tried to be honest and up front with you. Me tells no lies! So I'm about to be completely honest with you. I really don't know if I'll ever be able to sustain a gym membership as long as there are free streets to run up and down. The thought of paying for a rat wheel is not my idea of an investment. I do, however, have a reason to try my best and stick with the gym for at least 4 more months! I have a very important photo shoot coming up in not too long. In this digital age we live in, photos posted to Facebook last forever. I need to look good. I want (almost) the arms of Angela Basset in "What's love got to do with it."


Look at those guns!

Ok, maybe not that cut, but my arms need to look good! If my legs could look as defined as hers (picture not shown due to overwhelming amount of muscle in one blog post), that would be even better! So you see, I have strong motivation to look my best. Remember digital photos...they'll be there for my grandchildren.

After work, I'm going to get it cracking at the gym. My clothes are already laid out and my body is ready to make things happen! The ultra marathon runner girl I have a secret running crush on told me this weekend that she will make sure I understand the meaning of her mantra, "Pain is glory!"

...and for your listening pleasure, enjoy!





I'm ready ya'll! Are you ready too?

Until next time...one foot in front of the other...keep it movin'!


Yours in (photo shoot...call me Mrs Good Body) training,

Dani

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails