Thursday, September 30, 2010

Spinning my wheels

Hello Dear Reader,

Ever since last night, I've been spinning my wheels. That's not always a good thing, but in my case...it's a grrrrrrreat thing! After work yesterday, my mind was all set to run and run hard. Truth is, I got distracted...by the Spin class.

Let me give you a little background on me and Spinning: I've never done it. Situated on the top floor in a corner room, the Spin class is ALWAYS full. The music in that room is always blasting. Bodies move rhythmically along with the beat. Legs are nothing more than a blur as they cycle round and round. Me: sitting on a stationary bike just outside of the room. Staring at all of those fast moving people. Me: pedaling along on my morning constitution. Whistles, cheers, and "wooohoo" competes with the music. Me: turning my head away, telling myself, "oh hell no, not me!" Sweat soaked bodies spill out of the room as they high five the instructor. Me: barely having broken a sweat, exit stage left and carry on with my workout plan. Spin class: 1 Dani: FAIL!

So, like I said, I got distracted last night. The Spin class was calling my name: "Dani! Dani! I SAID DANI! Come on over here. Join me! Spin your wheels! You know you want to!" Me: Shaking my head. Spin class: "Don't shake your head, I've seen you staring at me! You know you want to sweat. Come on girl, just give me a try. I promise you won't be disappointed." Me: "Well, ok, just this one time."

I hopped on a bike near the front of the room. The crowd was restless. I leaned over to the the M'e (lady) next to me. She asked, "Is this your first time?" Was it that easy to tell? The instructor hit play on the stereo. The crowd started pedaling, and off we went...cycling in place...to energizing music...with a bad ass instructor who walked around and gave people high fives...for an hour of non-stop goodness! At the end of the class, no one wanted to leave...including me! (Especially because the sweat was glistening on my arms just so. My drenched clothes clung to my very toned body...yes, I just said that...artistic license...sue me.) There were pleads to stay longer...to continue with class.

Never again will I be a mere Spin class spectator!

This morning, I was still jazzed about the Spin class! I called mad-dog trainer and begged to join the Spin class in lieu of our regular routine. Once again, I was not disappointed. Aaaand...Gym Hottie was on the stationary bike outside of the class room...and he was DEFINITELY checking me out...yeah, I was looking really good jiving to the beat..perspiring enough to make my skin glisten like a ray of golden brown sun...yeah, I just said that too! The cool Spin instructor was surprised to see me back! I'm in love...with Spinning my wheels!

Well, that's my little update for now!

Until next time...keep it movin'!!!!

Yours in (wheel spinning) training,

Dani

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to feel like this blog might, bit by subtle bit, shift towards a romance novel. Is there some reason you haven't approached this guy?!
I actually didn't realize that "spinning" was... cycling. I thought it was... I don't know, like hula hooping or something. But then, I have almost zero bike experience and even less gym-membership experience... so I claim naivete. :-)

Dani said...

If you've ever seen the movie "Color Purple", one of the main characters notes that God must be pissed off when you walk past the color purple and don't notice it. I like to appreciated the scenery, but that's a look and no touch. And on a twist of Gil Scott-Heron's poem entitled, "The Revolution will not be televised", my private life won't be appear on blogspot.com! Haha! ;-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails